Projects and Activities
Our Optimist club participates in a variety of projects throughout the year that involve fundraising, community service, and assisting children locally and worldwide. Additionally, we have speakers at our monthly dinner meetings to explore topics of interest to the membership. We engage in a number of social activities to share experiences, talents and our collective interests. All represent great opportunities for service, friendships and personal growth. All of our fundraising projects are used to support community organizations for children and youth in our community. Click here for a comprehensive list of organizations.
Below are the projects and activities with which we are currently involved:
- 36th Annual Shrimpfest Gala
- Project Game On
- Sponsorship of Central Ontario Leadership Summit (COLS)
- Halton Regional Police Children's Safety Village
- Optimist Don MacDonald Bursaries
- Breakfast with the Easter Bunny
- Christmas Tree Lot
- and many single day activities volunteering in the community.
You can view more photos of the Optimists volunteering and contributing to various community events on the Photo Album page, and read testimonials about the Optimist Club of Oakville on our testimonials page.